Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A little bit of logic, or not!

A week or two ago I was leaving Costco (our favorite store) with the twins and they were having a birthday conversation in the back seat. To start the story, I'll tell you that Trent has yet to admit that he is 3. A little wierd, but Trent. So they are talking about birthdays and parties, maybe presents. Brock then starts talking about how old he is. No, he is not 3 either. He was, but now he had another birthday and he is four. It's my turn to join the conversation. I start questioning the four thing and he is not 3. He is 4. Trent hasn't said much so I decide to ask him how old he is. Two is the reply. I try to explain that he has had a birthday. He is 3 now. No, I two! More from Brock- He is four and then the profound statement, "Three doesn't work for us!" I guess I have a 2 and a 4 year old. A few weeks later and they are still 2 and 4!

This morning I was working on the computer and Trent climbed on my lap. He found a ruler and began playing with it. I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying until the last comment and then I had to chuckle. " I'm measuring myself. I big. I can drive!"

No comments: